These days, no matter what your business is about or what products you offer, you need an online presence. Most customers today are going online to search for the products they need; and when they go online, they expect to be able to find you there and do business with you. However, the problem is that not everyone is fortunate enough to be born with technical knowledge and wealth. This is probably one of the many reasons why there are still a lot of small business owners who don’t have an online presence.
But the good news is that these days, there’s no need for you to know anything about coding to build a website, or be rich to get your online business started. There are now a variety of FREE tools and services, which you can use to get an online presence; and one of the best picks is Wix.
What is Wix?
Wix is a web development platform that lets you build a website at no cost. It’s specifically designed for people who want to get an online exposure but don’t want to deal with the hassle of using codes or learning any programming languages to create websites from scratch. This web builder contains a drag and drop interface, providing users an easy option to design their own webpage. It works by literary dragging any elements you want for your website and dropping them to any place you want them to be on your page.
Wix Positive Features:
- Create a website with no programming skills needed
- Drag and drop option that lets you build a site in less than 10 minutes
- A variety of excellent templates to choose from
- Easy and free sign up
- App Market that lets you add third party apps to your site, such as live chat software, music playlist, photograph feeds, etc.
- A variety of premium plans to choose from for those who wish to upgrade and access more useful features
- Excellent community support
Wix is a great tool to consider if you’re a beginner. It allows you to set-up a simple yet well-designed website for your business. However, while this web builder offers a lot of great benefits, it has some drawbacks as well. And these are the following.
As long as you use the FREE version of Wix, there will be Wix ads on your website. These ads will only be removed when you upgrade to one of its premium plans.
- Free account doesn’t give you a professional URL. A free Wix account will give you a URL that looks something like this: www. wix.com/sitename. But again, you can get your own domain name if you upgrade.
- Free account also doesn’t give you access to many features and applications that can make your website useful and more customer-friendly.
Is Wix Right For You?
The answer to this question depends on your specific website needs, but using this web builder can be a great way to at least have an online exposure if you aren’t that techy enough and you’re low on funds.
If you want to know more about Wix and read more review of wix.com, visit its official website at www.wix.com.